Air Canada recently announced new service to Kauai with its new mainline Boeing 737 MAX-8 fleet this winter. The airline will double the frequency of flights from Western Canada to Hawaii, and all flights from Western Canada to Honolulu, Maui and Kona.
Air Canada recently announced new service to Kauai with its new mainline Boeing 737 MAX-8 fleet this winter. The airline will also double the frequency of flights from Western Canada to Hawaii, and all flights from Western Canada to Honolulu, Maui and Kona will feature its new 737 MAX aircraft.
All 737 MAX flights are currently available for purchase. In total, Air Canada will fly 41 weekly flights next winter to Hawaii.
“Air Canada is elevating its service to Maui and the island of Hawaii and this is great news for travelers in western Canada who love escaping to two of the most spectacular settings on the planet,” said George D. Szigeti, president and CEO of the Hawaii Tourism Authority. “More flights, more seats, and new aircraft with top-of-the-line comforts and amenities will enhance the enjoyment of relaxing on beautiful Maui and the majestic island of Hawaii. Plus, the new seasonal service to serene Kauai will give travelers another enticing option to enjoy Hawaii’s warmth during winter. We thank Air Canada for their continued investment of confidence in the Hawaiian Islands.”
Air Canada has configured its 737 MAX with two cabins of service: North American Business and Economy. Features of the new aircraft include:
- Premium comfort and ambiance with improved seats and innovative LED mood lighting along the ceiling
- An upgraded in-flight entertainment system with a new 15-language user interface
- Coming soon, passengers will be able to stream video and audio to their own devices
- Faster Wi-Fi due to antennas with the highest bandwidth available in the industry, to be available in 2018
- Upgraded overhead storage space compartments offer additional space
- The latest quiet engine technology for up to 40% less noise
The 737 MAX uses 20% less fuel per seat than the original Next-Generation 737. Air Canada has 61 firm orders for the 737 MAX. They are to be delivered by 2021, with 18 due to enter the fleet by the end of 2018.
Things we blog about
Places we have blogged about
- Africa, Anywhere
- Alaska, Usa
- Alberta, Canada
- Anchorage, Ak, United States
- Andalusia, Spain
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Athens, Esye31, Greece
- Bali, Indonesia
- Banff, 01, Canada
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Barcelona, 56, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Boston, Ma, United States
- Cairo, Egypt